Friday, August 17, 2012

My Fallout 1 Experience

I was playing Fallout 1 today, on a save with 32 days to get the waterchip and get it back to the Vault.

So I exited the Brotherhood base, which I was at, and headed to Necropolis. I'm pretty sure the waterchip was there.
When I got there I knew the mutants would be there- I had an assault rifle with little ammunition, a hunting rifle with a whole lot of ammunition, and a shotgun with 20 shells. I had 23 days now to get the waterchip and get it back to the Vault.

I was going to either run out of time or get mauled by mutants since I think I was only level 3 on this save.

The first mutants I found were unarmed, and were easy to dispatch. I wasted my assault rifle ammo on them, which I regret, because I encountered a mutant with armor and a laser rifle, and I had to take him head on with a hunting rifle and shotgun, as he basically zapped me to near death.
Good thing I had a bunch of stimpaks.

He ran out of ammunition, which was a little sad- I wanted that laser rifle and some ammunition, I knew there would be more mutants ahead with deadly weapons like this.
I killed him, healed up, and took the laser rifle.

I noticed 3 mutants protecting some loot, and decided to try and take them on. What I didn't know was one of them had a flamethrower. When he came out I made sure to focus fire on him, I got him wounded, but he shot a blast of flames at me, missed and hit his friend instead. I eventually shot him enough that he attempted to escape, but dispatched him with a shot. The other unarm was simple, as he would get up close and a few shotgun blasts would kill him.

So I looted the flamethrower, after getting rid of a bunch of books and ammunition, with 4 flaming fire-y blasts left in the thing. I saved there and took a break, glad I had gotten through the first few mutants and came out with a flamethrower.

Does anyone know how to fix the glitch with the screen and how everything turns black and you have to move your mouse around to erase that black to see things? Don't know how to describe it, but it is pretty annoying. The game is a lot of fun, but this glitch isn't.

Also, go buy Fallout 1 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment